Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bridal Look: Softly Smokey Neutrals

Just as I promised, here is one of the looks I did on the lovely Sarah this past weekend. It was so much fun working with her; not only does she have absolutely fabulous features, but she was also such a good sport and made all the funny faces I asked her to do along the way (If you do makeup on other people, you'll understand how awesome that is). Expect to see her in some more looks to come. 
Click all pictures to enlarge. 

This is the look we started the day off with. Sarah actually had a fear of too much color, so I wanted to start off with something neutral, but still a bit more dramatic than she's use to to ease her in. And before anyone asks, none of these pictures are retouched, shes just THAT gorgeous. 

I think this look would definitely be an appropriate bridal look, because it makes more of a statement than everyday shadows, but still looks classy. Wedding pictures stay with you your whole life (whether the guy does or not lol), so the object with your makeup should always be timeless and classy, instead of trendy and dated. 





Its so nice to be able to try out my skills on someone else. I feel as though I've amassed a lot of technique just from observation of various sources, but have really lacked an opportunity to utilize them because of my eye shape. If you've been with me from the beginning, you know my gripe with my monolids. They're not the best to specialize in if you're moving into a primarily Caucasian clientele base. Never the less, a talented makeup artist must be able to work with every skin tone,texture, eye shape, and color, so I suppose my Asian eye does come in handy in some aspect.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep a detailed list about the products I used, and my memory's a bit spotty. We used a combination of my collection and Sarah's so the I don't have some of the products with me to cross reference shade names. I'll do my best, but please excuse any absences.

Products Used:
Face:
Neutrogena SkinClearing Foundation -- Natural Ivory
                      mixed with
Lancome Fresh Wear -- Buff 4C
CoverGirl Stick Concealer
Benefit HighBeam
MUFE HD Powder
MAC MSF Natural -- Medium Plus
BareMinerals Blush

Eyes:
UDPP
Wet&Wild ColorIcon Shadow -- Brulee (Brow Bone&base)
Mac Eyeshadow -- Soba (Crease)
Nars Eyeshadow -- Sugarland (lid)
Revlon Matte Eyeshadow -- Espresso Brown (Crease)
Mac Pigment -- Vanilla (Inner corner)
Mac Eyeshadow --Nocturnelle (Outer V)
Stila Smudgepot -- Black
UD 24/7 -- Binge
L'Oreal Colossal Volume Express -- Black

Lips:
Bobbi Brown Lip Liner -- Brownie Pink
CoverGirl ColorSensational Lipstick -- Coral Crush



It was nice talking to you all :3

No comments:

Post a Comment